TownNews.com Content Exchange
SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa -- Two people were seriously injured Tuesday in a two-car collision at a rural Dickinson County intersection.
The crash occurred at 11:02 a.m., when, according to the Dickinson County Sheriff's Office, Michael Eddy, 60, of Okoboji, Iowa, was eastbound on 220th Street, also known as Dickinson County Road A-34, in a Dodge Ram pickup. Eddy drove into the intersection and into the path of Oma Crouch, 27, of Everly, Iowa, who was northbound in a Buick Enclave on 130th Avenue, also known as Dickinson County Road M-27, and struck Eddy's pickup.
Both drivers were transported to Lakes Regional Healthcare in Spirit Lake with what the sheriff's office described as incapacitating injuries. Eddy was later airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital.
The crash remains under investigation.
This article originally ran on siouxcityjournal.com.
- Ban on diversity training heads to Reynolds
- Iowa set to remove limits on prosecuting sexual abuse of minors
- Kim Kardashian West denies she illegally imported Ancient Roman sculpture
- Animal rights group wants charges filed against Sioux Center pork plant
- When COVID closed down buffets, Saxton decided to think outside the box to allow fundraising efforts to continue while serving the community
- More Waterloo officials could be authorized to issue fireworks citations
- Senator Ernst, Hancock County locals share concerns at Renner family farm
- Iowa News Headlines Friday, May 7, 2021
- Wayne CSD celebrates holding two of seven buildings in State of Iowa named as a National Capturing Kids’ Hearts Showcase School for 2020-2021 school year
- Nebraska City council changes sidewalk ordinance