The University of Wisconsin football team surrendered Paul Bunyan's Axe after the Minnesota Golden Gophers defeated the 18th-ranked Badgers 23-13 on Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021, at Huntington Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
As featured on
The Badgers lost the Battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe for the second time in four seasons after a 14-game winning streak in the series.
The Badgers’ running game went missing as they blew their chance to play for the Big Ten title and a key pass interference call went the Gophers’ way.
Ineptitude on offense leads to awful grade as columnist Jim Polzin grades Wisconsin's loss to Minnesota and the end of the Badgers' push to reach the Big Ten title game.
- Critics say Reynolds’ ‘failed leadership’ includes COVID-19
- Reynolds proposes 4% flat tax for Iowa, announces bonuses for teachers and law enforcement
- Awaiting Supreme Court decision, Iowa OSHA blocks vaccine mandate for businesses
- Iowa officials respond to Supreme Court ruling on OSHA COVID-19 vaccine mandate
- Cedar Valley school districts holding off on vaccine mandate after decision by Iowa OSHA
- Gaming loss to other states could help C.R. casino
- Iowa Capitol reporters lose access to Senate press bench
- Legislators will push U.S. 30 expansion
- Muscatine City Council stops enforcement of pit bull ban for four months
- Grassley reiterates support for term limits as he celebrates 63 years in office, seeks re-election